Monday, December 17, 2012

Practice, Practice, Practice!



So the story goes that there is a woman walking around New York City.  She goes up to a policeman and asks, “Excuse me officer, but can you tell me how to get to Carnegie Hall?”  The office says, “Yes Ma’am.  Practice, practice, practice!”
I guess it is called the practice of dentistry because it is mandated that our profession is constantly working to improve.  Dentistry is always changing.  About the only thing I do in my office similarly to when I graduated dental school is when I meet a new patient I say, “Hi, I am Carl Steinberg”.
 Continuing education helps dentists to stay current with the latest developments, skills, and new technologies required to treat patients more completely, effectively and comfortably.
The state of Pennsylvania requires continuing education to remain licensed.  The Academy of General Dentistry also has required hours of study to maintain membership.  Unfortunately these requirements are bare minimum and don’t give much guidance for growth. I consider these requirements just a start.
I believe that we should be challenging ourselves to grow at a significant pace.  Not only do I take many hours of continuing education as a student, but being challenged by students and dentists I mentor, I am forced to stay on top of my game.
So what is most important?  While it is important that you as patient know that you are in competent and skilled hands, I believe it is equally important that you are made to feel comfortable in our dental office and have an outstanding, professional experience.
For more information, please visit our website, www.DentistryinPhiladelphia.com or please contact the office at 215-735-8844
I look forward to being of service to you.
Warm Regards,
Carl Steinberg

No comments:

Post a Comment